Rent Roll Market Movements – 2020/2021 & Beyond
The 2020/2021 Financial Year is officially behind us and it certainly was an interesting year – especially in the world of rent roll and agency activity. Find out what high level trends we’ve seen in the industry over the past twelve months.
What we saw
- A 57% increase in enquiries for rent rolls on the open market
- An average of eight offers presented per portfolio
- A 6% increase in the average multiplier paid in NSW
- An 18% increase in the average multiplier paid in WA
- 9 NSW residential transactions with a multiplier over $4.00 (highest $4.30)
- 13 WA residential transactions with a multiplier over $3.00 (highest $3.50)
- A higher number of share sale transactions with businesses being sold as going concerns
Where it’s going
- Strong demand for quality portfolios increased significantly from February 2021
- Increase activity in agency mergers
- Larger businesses will continue to aggregate portfolios and smaller businesses will sell or merge
- Higher numbers of portfolios coming to market as business owners are capitalising on the current demand
Why it’s the ideal time to get a valuation
If it’s been some time since you’ve had your rent roll valued, the new Financial Year can be a great time to see how your portfolio is progressing.
Given the paradigm shift in rents and flow on to revenues following the end of Covid based Moratoriums, now is the ideal time to see how your portfolio is performing.
Get in touch today to see how a valuation could benefit you and your business in the new financial year.
Thank you to our clients
We would also like to take this opportunity to thank all our clients who entrusted us with the sale and or valuation of their rent roll over the past financial year, and just to name a few…
If we can be of assistance to your business in the new financial year please get in touch.
Market Data and Reports
Want to know what is happening in your business area? Get in touch for an update!
"*" indicates required fields